Steam car wash is the process of using steam vapor to clean a car's exterior and interior. For decades, steam has been a critical component of the cleaning industry, due to its effectiveness and sterilizing power.
Today, steam is being applied to the car wash industry.
A steam cleaning car wash uses a steam jet to wash and clean the car's exterior and interior. The steam jet is completely safe and can be used on all car surfaces, giving a perfect exterior finish without any spots or streaking. And when it comes to the interior, not only do they clean thoroughly, they also sanitize and deodorize too!
However, arguably the best feature of a steam car wash is its eco-friendliness. It takes very little water to wash a car with a steam cleaner, and it doesn't cause any waste water run-off either. In fact, you'll be astonished just how effective steam is at washing your car, without the use of any chemicals.
100% environment-friendly, no waste water run-off, and emission-free, the Alpina Steam Jet and Comby Steamers are the future of eco-friendly car washing!
Why use steam for car cleaning?
Consume as little as 4 liter of water per car wash.
Remove dirt, stains and grease.
Deodorize and sterilize surfaces.
Remove stains from upholstery in less time and using less water than an extractor.
Clean interiors, exteriors, engine compartments, door jams, floor mats, tire, trunks, upholstery, wheel wells, and hard to reach nooks and crannies.
Reduce the need for chemical cleansers.
Reduce the time spent scrubbing vehicle surfaces.
Wash without getting your feet wet.
Car cleaning with steam
Car cleaning interior + exterior
The Benefits of the Alpina Steam Car Cleaning System
1. Quick start - It takes only 60 seconds from a cold start before the steamer is ready to be used on the car! 2. Separation of water and electricity - It is the only steam jet car washer that adopts separation of water and electricity, which is both safer and more reliable. 3. Adjustable wetness/dryness - The water capacity of steam can be adjusted, so different capacities can be used for different parts of the car, which is both convenient and flexible. 4. Over-voltage protection - Very sensitive when it comes to the detection of air pressure, it will stop automatically when the desired pressure is reached.
5. Higher operating pressure - The operating pressure exceeds the conventional upper limits, meaning cars and other objects receive a deeper, more thorough clean.
6. Anti-freezing - It doesn't matter if it's chilly outside, these steam jet car wash cleaners use anti-freezing technology, allowing you to wash your car in the coldest of conditions.
7. Energy & water saving - Using patented technology, these steamers can save more than 90% of energy during the start and stop process, and 10-20% of heat loss in its operating state. They also use far less water than conventional car cleaning methods.
8. No boiler - The technology we use to create our machines means there's no need for a boiler - ensuring safe use and no risk of explosion!
No! Paints made for automobiles are highly weather resistant and supposed to endure extreme cold and heat. Steam is a form of gas. The very second steam is exposed to the atmosphere, the temperature of steam drops exponentially. In general, the temperature of the steam on the washing surface is well below 100°C (212°F), but the temperature largely depends on the distance between the steam gun's nozzle tip and the surface. The Astra's steam pressure is preset at 8 bar (116 psi). This is a relatively low pressure rate, but powerful and sufficient enough to wash car surfaces safely and efficiently.
No! Steam washes will not scratch your car, as long as the wash is done correctly. Car wash scratches are often caused by rubbing tiny particles of dirt, sand, and rust against the car surface without removing them properly first. The Astra Steam Jet, however, will remove these tiny particles by applying just the right amount of heat, pressure and water. We recommend only using microfiber mops and towels when drying and polishing. Many car owners have had unpleasant experiences of having their car scratched from a tunnel wash or even from using a self-service car wash facility. Steam (gas) is much gentler than high pressure water jet (liquid), and there is no object (such as a brush) in direct contact with the car surface, except when mops or towels are used with minimal force. Overall, steam car cleaning is much more "scratchproof" than conventional car wash methods.
No! Steam has been used in the cleaning industry for decades, thanks to its efficient cleaning and sterilizing power, and steam is a well-known method of carpet and upholstery cleaning. The Astra Steamer is a commercial and industrial grade machine that can be used for car washes and other general cleaning purposes. An effective steam car wash machine must have sufficient (yet safe levels) of steam pressure, steam temperature, and water flow rate (water consumption rate).
Our products have no risk of exploding as all of the products are equipped with double safety devices (safety valve and pressure controller). Also, our products are manufactured at a level of endurance pressure that is twice the actual pressure used in practice. In addition, the boiler tanks that we use have been passed by SGS, an international inspection agency.
Comparing different types of car wash
Automatic Car Washing System
High Pressure Cleaning
Dry Chemical Cleaning
Steam Car Wash
No waste water
Wash cars in cold winter, when all water freezes
Washing the engine, the interior and exterior of cars, even hard to reach places